CHERRY CREEK HIGH SCHOOL MARCHING BAND
The Cherry Creek High School Marching Band has a long standing tradition of excellence. Under the direction of Tim Libby and Sara Wynes, this group of talented student musicians has earned awards for excellence in performance both on and off the marching field. Students develop and improve their musicianship, leadership and work ethic in order to carry on that tradition with each new school year.
The Marching Band holds a two-day mini camp after school in May, a one-day camp in July, and two weeks of band camp just before school starts in August. During the fall, the band rehearses after school three days a week.
The CCHS Marching Band performs at school events including Spirit Day, pep rallies and football games, and competes in several marching competitions each season.
The band also performs annually in the Littleton Western Welcome Week Parade. In even-numbered years, the band performs in the Denver Parade of Lights and travels to either California or Florida for a variety of exciting performances.
Questions? Contact CCHS BPA Information.
Checklist for 2021 Marching Band Parents & Students
☐ Take Action Now: Make a Donation – http://cchsbpa.org/fundraising/band-fundraising/ -Either
- Write a check payable to CCHSBPA and mail to Attention: Connie Bechtolt, CCHSBPA Treasurer, 7350 East Progress Place, Suite 100, Greenwood Village, C0 80111.
- Donate via Cheddar Up
☐ Take Action Now: Sign up for King Soopers Community Rewards – http://cchsbpa.org/fundraising/band-fundraising/ – To sign up for this program, go to www.KingSoopers.com and create an account or log into your existing account. To create a new account, you will need your King Soopers card number or alternate ID (usually a phone number). Once signed in, scroll to the very bottom and click on King Soopers Community Rewards. From there, follow prompts to link your card to Cherry Creek High School Band Parents Association. Every time you shop, show your loyalty card or enter your alternate ID on the pin pad, and King Soopers will donate to the band. Please encourage your friends and family to sign up as well. Forty-eight (48) families have signed up thus far. There is a total of 120 families, so there is potential for a considerable uptick. On average, the band receives approximately $800 per quarter, but we can earn more if you sign up and shop for groceries at King Soopers and its affiliate City Market.
☐ Take Action Now: Sign up for AmazonSmile – http://cchsbpa.org/fundraising/band-fundraising/ – Go to smile.amazon.com and create or log in to your account. At the top of the home page, drop-down under Your Account to Your Amazonsmile. Use the button to choose or change your charity to Cherry Creek High School Band Parents Association. Just remember to always go to smile.amazon.com (not just amazon.com) when you shop. That’s it! Please encourage your friends and relatives to sign up as well. AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price to our Band program.
☐ 8/27 – 9/5: Sign-up to purchase 2021 marching band apparel – LINK to Website TBD – Please note that all 2021 marching band students will receive a short sleeve, cotton t-shirt at no charge, so the orders you place will be additional. All proceeds will benefit the Band program. These would make excellent gifts and is a great way for friends and families to support our amazing marching band students. Below is the design created by a marching band student for the marching band community. If football continues in February, there is a possibility that a pep band might be assembled to play at football games in April and May. We suggest that you consider purchasing a long sleeve shirt or a hoodie to keep your musician warm.
☐ 9/28: Participate in Online Silent Auction – http://cchsbpa.org/auction-2020/ – On September 28, 20210, the Cherry Creek High School Band Parent Association (CCHSBPA) will hold our largest fundraiser, the 13th Annual Silent Auction. The proceeds from the auction will help raise necessary funds for the purchase and maintenance of musical instruments, and the continued development and growth of programs that benefit our band students. Traditionally this fundraiser is an “in-person” event along with a Fall Concert. We will share more details in August.
☐ 10/19 – 10/ for pick-up on 11/11: Place Butter Braids and Cookie Dough order – http://cchsbpa.org/fundraising/band-fundraising/ – For this year only, the proceeds will be applied to the general band fund rather than individual student accounts. For the 2021 Marching Band season, the funds raised will be applied to the student’s account.
Much thanks to those who have already signed up for these programs. We appreciate your support and generosity in putting our marching band students first.
Latest News & Events
Hello Marching Band Students & Families!
Just a couple of quick calendar updates.
- Marching Band Camp starts Monday, August 2nd 1 pm-8:30 pm.
- Parent Meeting with Mr. Libby, Tuesday, August 3rd, 7:00- 8:00, Fine Arts Auditorium.
- Uniform Fittings, Tuesday, August 3rd, 5pm-7pm in Fine Arts Theater Lobby.
- We are looking for 8 parent volunteers.
- Round 2 Uniform Fitting Volunteer SignUpGenius
Go Creek! Go Band!
Cathy Asleson Dundon
Greetings New and Returning Band Parents,
I hope you are enjoying your summer thus far. There are multiple activities planned this month to get ready for the upcoming 2021 Marching Band Season. Please peruse and let me know if you have questions. My contact information is noted in the signature section.
- Summer Band Camp will take place on Tuesday, 7/13 from 10 am to 2 pm.
- Uniform Fittings follow band camp on Tuesday, 7/13 from 2 pm to 4:30 pm. Volunteers are still needed. Please sign up if you are available to help – https://www.signupgenius.
com/go/10c0f4dafa92fa6face9- mini. Pre-owned dinkles (marching band shoes) are available for trade-in and purchase. We have a lot of them, in all sizes. We will have another opportunity in August for fittings for any student we missed at July Mini-Camp.
- Summer Pool Party follows Uniform Fittings on Tuesday, 7/13 from 5 pm to 7 pm at the Sundance Hills Pool, 5626 S. Galena St, Greenwood Village, CO 80111.
- Food assignment is done by grade – please bring to the pool party
- Freshmen marching band members get a pass. Come and enjoy. This one is on us.
- Sophomore band members – please provide sweet snacks.
- Junior band members – please bring salty snacks.
- Senior band members – please share drinks (Gatorade, water, soda, lemonade, etc.)
- CCHS Band Parent Association will provide goodies for new and returning band parents. Seasoned parents will be available to orient, answer questions, and discuss volunteer opportunities. All new and returning parents are encouraged to attend.
- Food assignment is done by grade – please bring to the pool party
- New and Returning Parent Social is on Friday, 7/16 from 6 pm to 8:30 pm. Please attend to meet other parents, learn about the marching band experience from seasoned parents, get questions answered, acquaint yourselves with volunteer opportunities, and enjoy a potluck dinner. I emailed the invitation on 7/7 using Evite. Please let me know if you did not receive it.
- It takes a village to support a highly competitive marching band. Please volunteer to help. Below is a summary of volunteer opportunities. You can sign up using this link – http://cchsbpa.org/
- Put together the Marching Band Directory. It is recommended that this person be familiar with graphic layout and design and can set up mail merge. Past chair is available for training.
- Photography and creation of buttons with the student images.
- Photography Committee
- Take pictures throughout the season and share with the Facebook admin.
- Uniform Committee
- During the summer and band camp, you will assist in getting measurements, order shoes, and assign uniforms.
- Props Crew
- Build props for the show, if necessary. Construction experience helpful, but not required.
- Spirit Committee
- This committee connects parents to encourage and support students and staff. Decorate the band room with signs, banners, plates and photos, etc.
- T-shirt and Band Wear
- The committee selects, orders and sells band logo apparel. These are sold at Spirit Night and possibly other events.
GETTING THE BAND ON THE FIELD
- Competition Food Committee
- Band camp snacks, competition lunch or dinner… Meal requirements vary depending on the event and timing.
- Competition Food – Grill Masters
- Operate the 2 griddles to create hot and tasty food for the band
- Competition Food – Truck / RV
- Provide your pickup truck or RV for use transporting grills and food
- Baking Committee
- Provide baked goods for Back to School Night, Competitions, and Various Events.
- Uniform – Plumes
- Distribute plumes to band members before performances, collect them directly after.
- Pit Crew
- Help move pit equipment on and off the field and in and out of the truck. Benefit to you is that at competitions you won’t have to pay to see the band perform – you’ll get on the field for FREE!
- Football Seating Committee
- The band sits together at football games. To keep uniforms clean and dry, unroll seat covers along the bleacher seats.
- Water (football and parades)
- Serve water in cups to the band members several times during a football game and parades.
- Butter Braids and Cookie Dough
- Organize the Butter Braids and Cookie Dough sale campaigns
- Grocery Cards
- Sell King Soopers fundraiser grocery cards to parents. Work with grocery stores and band treasurer to ensure proper accounting of funds.
- Restaurant Nights
- Organize fundraising events at local restaurants, where a portion of the night’s proceeds are given to the band.
- Silent Auction
- Coordinate auction to be held at Fall Concert. Volunteers will be needed to solicit local businesses or other donations and organize item displays.
- Back-to-School Night
- Coordinate the back to school night dinner, working with restaurants, arranging set-up, and alumni band parent volunteers.
- Band Spirit Night
- This is a party at school on the last night of band camp. Volunteers will help with membership processing, spirit wear sales, food, and volunteer sign-up.
- 8th Grade Chili Night
- Coordinate the chili dinner served to the band and visiting eighth graders. This is many future Bruins first introductions to the Marching Band!
- Awards Night
- At the end of the year, the band has an awards night to celebrate their year.
2021 CCHSBPA President