Hi Marching Band Parents,
I can’t believe that August is here. I hope you enjoyed your summer. On behalf of the CCHSBPA, I would like to share an update on key activities for August. As shared at the New & Returning Parents Social, Marching Band updates and calendar can be found at the CCHSBPA website – http://cchsbpa.org/. The hyperlink to the calendar (CCHS BPA Google Calendar) is located on the right side of the home page.
August 2nd – August 6th
- 8/2 – 8/6: Marching Band Camp from 1 PM to 8:30 PM.
- 8/3: Uniform Fittings from 5 PM to 7 PM – During this time, band students who want to exchange their dinkles (marching band shoes) for a different size can do so. There is no charge for exchanges. For those who do not have dinkles (freshmen and sophomores), the cost for pre-owned dinkles is $10. We encourage you to consider purchasing pre-owned dinkles since the supply is ample. They are in great shape since they were not in use last year. Anyone who wishes to order new dinkles can do so during Uniform Fitting. It is vital that we have the orders by the end of Tuesday night, 8/3, 8 PM. You or your student has the option of texting your student’s name and size to Amelia Dundon, Student Uniform Coordinator, at 303-854-4627 or e-mail the same information to Cathy Dundon at CCHSBPACOMM@gmail.com.
- 8/3: Parent Meeting with Mr. Libby from 7 PM to 8 PM in the Fine Arts Auditorium- This is a great time to ask Mr. Libby any questions you may have.
- Michelle Rogers will take photographs for band buttons on 8/2 and 8/3. She will situate herself outside by the Fine Arts Building and will get the kids as they arrive. The button will contain a picture of your student (face to chest). Your student will only be wearing the uniform jacket (not entirely suited for photo).
August 9th – August 13th
- 8/9 – 8/12: Marching Band Camp continues from 4 PM to 6:30 PM.
- 8/13: Marching Band Camp from 3:30 PM to 5 PM.
- 8/13: Band Spirit Night and Dinner from 5 PM to 7:30 PM. The following activities are scheduled.
- Students will perform a parade for band parents and siblings (not in uniform).
- Parents/students will pay the remaining 2021 marching band fees.
- Students will pick up their Spirit bag, which will contain: 1) one cotton blend 2021 Marching Band short sleeve t-shirt (included in marching band fees), 2) two buttons of the student, 3) one Spirit Night Dinner ticket (since students get to eat at no charge), and 4) additional tickets that have been pre-paid for parents and/or siblings. The t-shirt size provided by the student during registration was used to inform the order. Information about Spirit Night Dinner and pre-paid tickets for parents/siblings are covered in the last bullet for this week.
- Parents will have the opportunity to go online and order additional marching band apparel. It is suggested that they order a second or backup short sleeve t-shirt for their student(s) since they must wear this underneath their uniform. The band fees only cover one short sleeve t-shirt. Link to order additional apparel will become available the week starting 8/9. I will share more then.
- Important info regarding apparel that is 100% polyester: They do run big. Samples of small, medium, large, XL, and XXL wicking shirts will be available to check out on 8/3 from 5 PM to 7 PM (same day and time as Uniform Fittings).
- Cherry Creek friendship bracelets will be available for purchase (assuming there are no delays). They are available at the price point of $12 per bracelet.
- Spirit Night Dinner (5:30 PM): Students have been practicing hard since 8/2. The second week of Band Camp ends with the Spirit Night Dinner. It is available to students and Directors at no charge. There is a $10 per person charge for parents and siblings to cover the cost of the dinner. It is an excellent opportunity for students, directors, parents, and siblings to celebrate the end of Band Camp. The dinner includes beef & sausage rigatoni or mac-n-cheese for vegetarians, salad, roll, and various desserts and drinks. It will be festive. Please consider joining the students, directors, and other parents/siblings for dinner. We are doing pre-sales for dinner so the Food Committee will know how much to prepare. Here is the link to register and pre-pay for Band Spirit Night Dinner –
August 16th – August 21st
- 8/16, 8/18, and 8/19: Band Practices from 4 PM to 6:30 PM on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
- 8/21: Western Welcome Week Parade: 8 AM to 2 PM (Students will get information from their Section Leaders/Mr. Libby).
- It is a custom for band students to gather at Red Robin for lunch after arriving at the CCHS campus (to get out of uniforms and neatly store everything back in their bags). Students need to connect with their Section Leaders for details. This is student-organized, so the CCHSBPA will not know the details.
- 8/18: First day of school.
- 8/26: Back-to-School Night: As of right now, BTSN is a hybrid event where students/parents can attend in person or virtually. There is a possibility that we can partner with In-N-Out for a Cookout Fundraiser to support all six CCHS bands. More to come…
Stocking The Pantry
Each year we ask families to contribute snacks to Marching Band. These are snacks available on the bus when the band travels to parades or marching band festivals. See the list below for what to bring. Please be sure the expiration date on the snacks is after December, 2021!
- Freshmen: 12 individual serving packs of chips or crackers.
- Sophomores: 12 individual servings of granola bars or fruit snacks.
- Juniors: 12 individual serving packs of cookies or crackers.
- Seniors: 12 individual servings of cookies or fruit snacks.
Please bring the snacks during band camp; there will be a bin in the band room starting on Tuesday to collect snack donations.
Thanks so much! Please feel free to reach out with any questions or concerns about feeding our teens, or if you want to just help out! Any questions please contact Jen Gallo Jenflwrcsu@aol.com
Other Key Activities – Take Action Now
To deliver a fantastic band experience that our band students appreciate and are proud of comes at a cost. The King Soopers and AmazonSmile programs allow our Band program to earn dollars. Please consider signing up for these two. The sign-up process is easy and quick. Please let me know if you need help.
- Take Action Now: Sign up for King Soopers Community Rewards – http://cchsbpa.org/
fundraising/band-fundraising/ – To sign up for this program, go to www.KingSoopers.com and create an account or log into your existing account. You will need your King Soopers card number or alternate ID (usually a phone number). Once signed in, scroll to the very bottom and click on King Soopers Community Rewards. From there, follow prompts to link your card to Cherry Creek High School Band Parents Association. Every time you shop, show your loyalty card or enter your alternate ID on the pin pad, and King Soopers will donate to the band. Please encourage your friends and family to sign up as well. In the past, the band received approximately $800 per quarter, but we can earn more if you sign up and shop for groceries at King Soopers and its affiliate City Market.
- Take Action Now: Sign up for AmazonSmile – http://cchsbpa.
org/fundraising/band- fundraising/ – Go to smile.amazon.com and create or log in to your account. At the top of the home page, drop-down under Your Account to Your Amazonsmile. Use the button to choose or change your charity to Cherry Creek High School Band Parents Association. Just remember to always go to smile.amazon.com (not just amazon.com) when you shop. That’s it! Please encourage your friends and relatives to sign up as well. AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price to our Band program.
As always, please let me or any of the Board members know if you have questions. We enjoyed socializing with new and returning parents in mid-July and look forward to seeing more of everyone in August. Much thanks and appreciation to those who have volunteered to help thus far.
Cherry Creek High School Band Parents Association