THANK YOU to those of you who were at the football game on Friday night in being patient with the uncertainty the weather provided. Speaking with Sarah and my own limited experience, being called out of the stands for thunder and lightning hasn’t happened while the band has been in attendance. The weather passed and the game continued which was fantastic because that meant we were able to see our amazing kids perform at half time. Didn’t they all look and sound FANTASTIC!
Time to GET ON BOARD!
The 11th Annual CCHS Band Silent Auction is right around the corner…Tuesday, Sept 24. And this year is going to be better than ever!
Mark your calendar now:
- Tuesday, September 24
- 5:30 Doors Open for Silent Auction & Dinner Fundraiser
- 7:00 CCHS Concert Bands’ Performances Begin
Want to donate? Want to help? We say, YES PLEASE! Simply contact the auction committee at email@example.com
We’ll help you every step of the way!
8th Grade Band and Chili Night –THIS WEEK!
8th graders from West & Campus will join the marching band to see what it’s like to be apart of the Marching Band at CCHS! Apart of this tradition includes having them join the marching band for a fabulous Chili Dinner before the football game. This is lots of fun for the students.
Please look at the sign-up genius link below and see if there is a way YOU can help make this special event happen. Thank you in advance for your generous donations of food and time and hope if you’re able, you will sign up to help set up, serve some food, or clean up afterwards! Thanks also to our wonderful baking committee for dessert donations! It will be a great night!
If by chance the pots of chili slots are filled but you would like to share your fabulous family recipe with the band, please just bring your crock pot of chili to the IC Café by 5pm. Not a chili maker (like myself) perhaps you can contribute some sour cream or cheese. Coming straight from work? Maybe you could help set up, serve or clear up. Check out what is needed here https://m.signupgenius.com/?sfns=mo#!/showSignUp/20f044fa8a82baafc1-8thgrade
Last year we had 180+ students plus Directors and Instructors with all 3 schools combined …. so please if you can …… we would love your help!
Monday Sept 2nd:
- Happy Labor Day
Tuesday Sept 3rd:
- NO Band Practice – set those appointments
Wednesday Sept 4th:
- Band Practice: 4pm – 6.30pm
- Spirit Wear will be distributed to the band directly after practice at GV. Anyone they miss can collect at FA that same night but GV is the place!
- The spirit wear committee have spent a lot of time organizing and sorting spirit wear this year so please make sure your student picks up their/your order!
Thursday Sept 5th:
- Band Practice: 4pm – 6.30pm
Friday Sept 6th:
- The 8th Graders from West MS & Campus MS will join the Marching Band for Practice right after school
- They will break for dinner at the 8th Grade Chili Night (see above for volunteer & donation opportunities) and then join the marching band in the stands at the Football Game for some fun and pep tunes!
- Football Game: 7 pm – CCHS v Santa Margaria. Go Creek! Hope to see you at the game.
KEEP IN MIND
- Week of Sept 9th – 15th There is no football game or performances but there is practice on SATURDAY Sept 14th as per the calendar
- Friday Sept 20th – Homecoming Football Game
- Saturday Sept 21st – Homecoming
On the calendar there were rehearsals scheduled as “TBA” but have now been updated on the Google Calendar page. Here are the details for those days:
- Saturday, September 14th, 9am-12pm
- Monday, October 14th (during fall break the day before qualifiers), 1-4pm
- Tuesday, October 15th 12pm-4pm . State Qualifier Performance to follow that night.
- Saturday, October 26th, 1-4pm
Enjoy your week and hope to see you Friday Night!
GO CREEK!! GO BAND!!