Hello Band Families,
Here’s what is inside this edition of the update:
- Big Cat Festival—NEW Prelim Performance Time is 2:30pm
- State Qualifiers
- Food Committee for Big Cat and Regional Qualifiers
- Baking Volunteers Needed for both Big Cat & State Qualifier
- Butter Braids Sales are in Full Swing
Big Cat Festival—Saturday 10/16/2021
Frost Delay moves performance to 2:30pm. All other scheduled times remain the same.
Schedule from Mr. Libby
- 8:30am-10:15am Practice at Stutler
- 10:15am-11:15am Lunch (on your own)
- 11:15am Inspection
- 11:30am Depart for North Area Athletic Complex (Golden, CO)
- 12:15pm Arrive and unload
- 12:50pm-1:20pm Body Warm Up (Area B)
- 12:45pm-1:15pm Pit Warm-Up (Area B)
- 1:30pm-2:00pm Music Warm-Up (Area B)
- 2:30pm PERORMANCE TIME
- 2:45pm-4:00pm Watch Other Bands
- 4:15pm Prelim Awards Ceremony
- 4:30pm Eat Dinner (Provided)
- 6:00pm Finals performances begin
- 9:40pm Finals Awards Ceremony
- 10:00pm Depart for CCHS
**Parents should pick students up at CCHS Fine Arts at approximately 10:45pm.
- Thanks to everyone that has volunteered so far. Parents rock!.
- We are just looking for 2 more parents for Pit & Props during the finals. Get ready to rock & roll since the pit has a very long way to roll for this performance.
- Be sure to check out the Food and Baking Committee Requests below.
State Qualifiers—Monday 10/18/2021
No changes to schedule. Just reposting for your convenience. I will post maps, etc. on the website when I receive them.
Schedule from Mr. Libby
- 12:30pm-3:30pm Practice at Stutler
- 4:00pm-5:30pm Eat Dinner (Provided) and change into uniform
- 5:45pm Inspection 6:00pm Depart for Littleton High School Stadium
- 6:45pm Arrive and unload
- 7:15pm-7:45pm Body Warm-up
- 7:45pm-8:00pm Music Warm-up 8:30pm Performance Time
- 8:45pm-9:15pm Watch 2 remaining bands perform from the track
- 9:20pm Awards Ceremony
- 9:45pm Return to CCHS
**Parents should pick students up at CCHS Fine Arts at approximately 10:15pm
**We have all Pit & Props plus Plume slots covered especially since there is only 1 performance (not a prelim and a final performance).
**Please see Food & Baking Committee requests for volunteers below.
Food Committee for Big Cat & State Qualifiers
WE ARE AT THE HALFWAY POINT FOR THE SEASON!!!!
The Food Committee would like to thank EVERY SINGLE PERSON who has helped out in every aspect so far! It truly takes a village to keep this many kids fed. As we have a crazy ( & chilly) weekend approaching, we thought letting everyone know the plan for food might be warranted.
Saturday, Big Cat in Golden, there will be chicken, black bean, or cheese quesadillas grilled up and served with help from the wonderful bari & alto saxophones & mellophones. The kids will be fed around 430pm by us and are encouraged to bring a lunch for the 1015-1115 break that they have. Please encourage them to also bring water bottles as the ones we have collected will not be available until we get to Golden.
Monday the 18th we will be providing deli style sandwiches and with help from flutes and tenor saxophone sections it will turn into a picnic lunch at Stutler around 4pm.
Here are links for both sign-ups.
BIG CAT COMPETITION (10/16)
Lastly, Jim and I will be gathering any donations from 8-9 am on Saturday morning and around 2pm on Monday.
As always feel free to reach out with any questions or concerns and remember
THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!
Baking Volunteers Needed!
Please check out the links if you are able to help bake some delicious desserts for our amazing band kiddos! Info about drop off is on each link. Your help is greatly appreciated!
Feel free to text or call me with any questions
Butter Braids in Full Swing
When selling remember these make a great and easy breakfast for all of the holidays November through New Year’s and easy breakfast and treats for ski weekends. For each Butter Braid and Yumbana Cookie Dough a student sells $5.20 goes directly into their own account and each Coda Coffee adds $6.40! This fundraiser is a great way for students to build up the balance in their accounts if they choose to participate!
Here are dates to remember:
10/24 – Online order store closes and any cash or checks please turn into your band teacher on Monday 10/25
10/28 – Directly after practice–Butter Braids, Yumbana GF Cookie Dough & Coda Coffee will be ready for pick up.
Feel free to contact Robin Gear at email@example.com or 720-212-4471 with any questions.
Go Creek! Go Band!
- Cathy Asleson Dundon on behalf of the CCHS BPA
- 2021 CCHS BPA Communcations Secretary
Website and Social Media Links of Interest