Here’s what is inside this edition of the update:
- Message from the BPA President including October At-A-Glance
- October 2nd Practice with CMS & WMS and the Chili Dinner
- Butter Braids Fundraiser
- Post-Auction Next-Steps
- Pit & Prop Volunteers–change to SignUpGenius format
Message from PhuLan Olson, CCHSBPA President…October at a Glance
I hope that everyone enjoyed the Fall Concert last night featuring the talented Marching Band, Concert Band, Symphony 2, Symphony 1, and Wind Ensemble. Mr. Libby and Mrs. Vaughn did an epic job conducting the performances. Moreover, much thanks to everyone for your participation and generous bids to support the Silent Auction. On behalf of Mr. Libby and the BPA, I like to thank Vien Perez and his team for planning a wildly successful fundraiser. We appreciate all of you!
October is the final month of the 2021 Marching Band season. We hope that you are enjoying the activities and competitions thus far. Below is a summary of key events for October. There are still ample opportunities to support our band students while building fun friendships. It does take a village to support the marching band in its endeavor to make it to the CBA State Championship. Please consider volunteering if you have not already done so. See you at the event.
Go CREEK! Go BAND!
- Fri, 10/1: Jazz Band Concert @7pm Fine Arts
- Sat, 10/2: 8th Grade Middle School Band Day (CMS & WMS)
- Fri, 10/8: Homecoming Game – CCHS vs. Grandview
- Sat, 10/16: Big Cat Marching Festival – Volunteer opportunities are split into two – prelims(AM) & finals(PM).
- Mon, 10/18 (Fall Break): Regional State Qualifier, 10am – 9pm
- Fri,10/29 & Sat, 10/30: CBA State Championship
October 2nd Practice with CMS & WMS and the Chili Dinner
Practice on October 2nd is from 12pm-7pm at Stutler. Here’s the breakdown:
- 12pm-4pm Practice our show
- 4pm-4:30pm Break (bring your own snacks)
- 4:30pm-6pm Welcome and work with 8th graders from CMS and WMS!!
- 6pm Chili Dinner provided by the BPAfor everyone at Fine Arts
- CMS/WMS Band Day Chili Dinner & Friendly Competition
The dinner will be from 6 – 7 pm (Fine Arts). Historically, we have served chili. This year, we are going to have the middle schoolers and our band students vote for the “Best Chili.” Please sign up to contribute or to help by Friday, 10/1 noon. The winner will receive a Starbucks gift card. Much thanks in advance for all that you do for the marching band students!
There are still available slots help to make chili, to bring some of the “fix-ins” and/or to help set-up, serve or clean up. Please volunteer if you are able using our Chili Dinner SignUpGenius.
Butter Braids Fundraiser Starts October 6th!
40% of each sale goes directly into your student’s account making this fundraiser a great way for students to build up the balance in their accounts if they choose to participate!
This year we will be selling Butter Braids, Yumbana Gluten-Free cookie dough flavors and the award-winning Coda Coffee. Each Butter Braid product sells for $13.00-$14.00, Gluten-Free Cookie Dough sells for $13.00, and Coda coffee $16.
- October 6th: Fundraiser kick off with free samples for students and the online order store goes live. Students have 19 days to get orders and collect payment
- October 24th: Orders with payment are due
- October 28th: After practice, Butter Braids, Yumbana GF Cookie Dough & Coda Coffee will be ready for pick up by students
Feel free to contact Robin Gear at firstname.lastname@example.org or 720-212-4471 with any questions.
Post Auction Next Steps
Congrats to those who won their bids!
I wanted to give you an update on the next steps moving forward:
- Process winning bid and confirm payment
- Arrange the picking/delivery of the item
I estimate step 1 to take a couple of days then step 2 to follow after. I hope this information helps. If you have any questions/needs on this matter, please email me at email@example.com.
Vien Perez (he/his/him)
2021 Auction Chairperson
Pit & Props Volunteers
**UPDATE** We have changed the Pit & Props SignUpGenius for this committee to allow you volunteer for prelims in the morning and/or finals in the evening. In addition, we have added additional volunteer slots to cover both the practice & performance moves.
Why so much help?
- At marching band competitions & home football games, the bands have a just a couple of minutes to get the props and all of the pit instruments on to the field. The band depends on family & friends (~15-20 people) to help make that transition as quickly as possible to avoid penalties.
- Addditionally at competitions, the volunteers help the pit to move their instruments to various different locations prior to the performance for pit-specific warms-ups. These locations are usually quite a distance from the stadium so they don’t disturb the performances in progress. As an added bonus,volunteering for this crew is a great way to both help the pit and get your exercise steps in for the day (a.k.a the “Pit Fit” workout).
Go Creek! Go Band!
Cathy Asleson Dundon
2021 CCHS BPA Communcations Secretary