Dinkles = Marching Band Shoes
Students can purchase new dinkles from the Marching Band Shoppe. CCHS Marching Band requires black “Glide” style shoes. Please order ASAP since supplies can get limited as we get closer to the season.
The CCHS BPA has a limited number and limited sizes of “pre-owned” dinkles for purchase (see below for 2022 specific instructions).
For the 2022-2023 Marching Band Season, Students have two options
- Order your Dinkles on-line before May 31st
- See below for additional Information
- Buy a pair of Dinkles from the Marching Band Inventory for $5.00.
- Most of the in-stock shoes are about three years old, but all have suitable soles to last a full season.
- As the inventory is limited, we encourage parents to email Emily Rissmiller, CCHS Marching Band BPA Chairperson, by MAY 31, 2022.
- Email: email@example.com . Email with your student size, clarifying men’s or women’s sizing, Student’s Last name, first name and grade in the fall.
- Email Subject line: DINKLES- WOMEN’S SZ 8, STUDENT LAST NAME, STUDENT FIRST NAME
- Stock shoes will be assigned to students on a first-come, first-serve basis. We will respond to all Dinkle email requests by, in the order they are received by June 1st, confirming you’re your Requested Student size Dinkles are in-stock and reserved in their name. The $5.00 will be added to the student account, payable in August.
- IF there are no remaining shoes available in the size requested, you will be notified by June 1st, and therefore, will need to order the Dinkles on-line.
- Currently, there are about 100 pairs of in-stock Dinkles, with Women’s sizes ranging from 5 ½ to 10 and Men’s sizes 8 to 16. The popular sizes will be reserved quickly.
All CCHS Marching Band Instrumentalists wear the DINKLES GLIDE MARCHING BAND SHOE for all Uniformed Performances. See CCHS BPA Google Calendar for Performance dates. Dinkles are usually $30-$40 with shipping.
Instrumentalists are required to wear all black crew socks when wearing Dinkles. During Band Season, Dinkles are kept with all uniform components, in assigned garment bags in the Uniform Closet grouped by section.
It is advised to buy your student a 6-pack of black socks prior to Uniform Fittings, August 1, 2022.