Hello Band Families,
Yay! It’s the first football game!
Here is what’s inside this week’s update
- Football Game Performance Information
- Football Game Parent Volunteer Opportunities
- Homecoming Senior & Parent Photos
- CCHS Band Auction: Donations and Invitations
- Competition Food Committee: Thanks & Water Donations
Home Football Game v. Chatfield—Pre-Game & Half-time Performances
Call time for Friday will be 5:00 pm.
The students will need to plan accordingly for dinner, as it is not provided for Football Games. We will rehearse the pep music, change into uniform and then troop down to perform at the pool courtyard for CCHS Spirit Night. Band, Cheers, and Poms will perform at 6:20 pm before the 7 pm game.
We suggest everyone buys their tickets for the football game online at the link below, as only one ticket booth will be taking cash this year. Purchasing tickets online will be a time saver as lines will be long.
FYI: many band parents sit surrounding the band in the South section of the East stadium seats.
Parent Volunteer Opportunities—Football Game Specific
At each football game, we need parent volunteers for four tasks
- Band Seat Covers: to reserve the space for the band to sit, vinyl seat covers are placed on the benches (East Side Stadium, South Section). Tim & Clare Langley-Hawthorne organize the volunteers who meet approximately ½ hour before the game. Email Tim or Clare if you are interested in helping this committee.
- Water Committee provides water to the band following the half-time performance since the kids need to remain together and in uniform throughout the game. Jen and Jim Gallo are organizing volunteers for this parent crew. This committee meets 45’ before the start of the game to fill coolers with water and ice and then bring the coolers to the stadium. You will also help distribute water following half time performance. Email Jen if you are interested in volunteering. They especially need help on 9/16/2022.
- Plumes: Parents help distribute plumes before half time and collect plumes after half time. See the SignUpGenius for Plumes. (Cathy’s tip: if you have a middle school kid that may be interested in the band, it’s fun to have them help you since they get to go on the track before and after the performance and see the band close-up).
- Pit Crew: Parents are needed to move the pit equipment from the truck to warm up, from warmup to performance placement, and then finally back to the truck. The parents meet ½ hour before the game at the pit truck parked just south of the west stadium seats. Each event has a different signup genius that can be found on the volunteer page, and here’s the Chatfield Football Game SignUp genius. Fun Fact: No! You do not have to have a kid in Pit to join the Pit & Prop fun.
Homecoming 9/16—Parent Photos with Their Seniors
Parents & seniors will meet 1 hour before call time for the Homecoming Game to take photos together. More details next week.
Band Auction —Invite Friends & Family to Bid in Person or Online and DONATE
Tell your friends, family, neighbors, and anyone who enjoys auctions, great music, and an opportunity to help support music in schools to plan to come for a fun night at CCHS.
Donations: There is still time to donate your unique item. No item is too small! All donations are tax-deductible.
Wondering what to donate?
- How about donating a “Happening.’ Happenings are parties that you create to support the band. You decide on a theme, activity, location, and cost. Attendees purchase “tickets” to the happening at the auction. After the auction, you host the party and have a great time.
- Or just donate a bottle of wine for the wine grab.
- But we also accept artwork, gift cards, sports memorabilia, etc. The ideas are endless. Remember, all donations are tax-deductible, and funds raised go to support ALL of the Cherry Creek Bands.
More information: Contact
- Vien Perez at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Kimarie Mikleton at mailto:email@example.com
Vien and Kimarie
Competition Food Committee—Thank You & Water Please
Thanks for all the amazing snacks! Our kiddos are well fed for all the bus trips.
As we have moved from using coolers to water bottles, there will always be a need for them between football games and competitions. Feel free to donate what you feel comfortable with, and as always, contact me with any questions.
Jen Gallo Jenflwrcsu@aol.com
Go Creek! Go Band!
Cathy Asleson Dundon, on behalf of the CCHS BPA
2022 CCHS BPA Communications Secretary
Website and Social Media Links of Interest
- CCHS BPA Website
- CCHS BPA Google Calendar
- Copies of Emails Sent to Parents
- Currently Active SignUpGenius Forms
- CCHS BPA on Facebook
- CCHS BPA on Twitter