Hello Band Families,
Happy Fall Break! What an excellent performance by the band at Friday Night’s Halftime!! I can’t wait to see their performance on Thursday for State Qualifiers. Also, thank you to all the parent volunteers who made the 8th Grade Chili Night a success.
Here’s what is inside this week’s update
- Fall Break Rehearsal & State Qualifier Information
- Competition Food
- Competition Baking
- Parent Volunteer Opportunities
- Student-Specific Fundraisers: Butter Braids, Cookie Dough & Coffee
FYI: CCHSBPA.org website is back online.
Fall Break Rehearsal & State Qualifiers
Fall Break Rehearsal: Wednesday, October 19th, from 12 pm until 5 pm at Stutler Bowl
Fall Break Rehearsal & Competition: Thursday, October 20th-call @ 12:00 pm
- 12:00pm-2:30pm Practice at Stutler
- 3:00pm-4:30pm Eat Dinner (Provided @ Fine Arts) and change into uniform
- 4:50pm Inspection
- 5:00 pm Depart for Littleton High School Stadium
- 5:45 pm Arrive and unload
- 6:15pm-6:45pm Body Warm-up
- 6:45 pm-7:15 pm Music Warm-up
- 7:30 pm Performance Time
- 7:45 pm Watch Lakewood and the CU Drumline perform from the track
- 8:15 pm Awards Ceremony
- 8:45 pm Return to CCHS
Parents should pick students up at CCHS Fine Arts at approximately 10 pm.
Competition Food—State Qualifiers
The food committee will feed our band students at Creek before the competition departure ~ at 3 pm.
The mellophones & baritone families are responsible for this meal. See the SignUpGenius for full details and to select items to contribute.
Contact Jen Gallo with questions.
Competition Baking —State Qualifiers
Drop or have your marcher drop baked items in and room before call time. If anyone can help set up and distribute baked items on Thursday, it would be greatly appreciated!
Upcoming Parent Volunteer Opportunities
10/20/2022 State Qualifiers
- Competition Food (email Jen Gallo)
- Baking (email Megan Eggleston)
- Pit & Props This competition has a HUGE hill to climb with the pit & props, so we need all hands on deck for this one. Currently, we have 8 of 24 volunteer slots filled.
- Plumes are still looking for one volunteer.
Butter Braids & Premium Coffee—Student-Specific Fundraiser
Selling Butter Braids, Cookie Dough, Coda Coffee AND new this season, Premium Coffee, raises funds that go directly into your student’s account to help fund marching band expenses. This year we are Butter Braids, Yumbana Gluten-Free cookie dough flavors, and the award-winning Coda Coffee. Each Butter Braid product sells for $13.00-$14.00; Gluten-Free Cookie Dough sells for $13.00, and Coda coffee for $16. For every product sold, 40% of the sale goes to that student’s account.
To learn how your Student Account works and how credits can be used, please see Student Accounts Information on the CCHSBPA Website.
Due to the timing, credits from Butter Braid sales cannot be used for the November 2022 CCHS Marching Band Hollywood Trip.
Place your order online here: CCHS MB Student Account ButterBraid Online Orders
- October 23rd: BUTTER BRAID Orders, paid & submitted online DUE.
- October 27th: After practice, Butter Braids, Yumbana GF Cookie Dough & Coda Coffee, and Premium Coffee will be ready for pick up by students.
Feel free to contact Emily Rissmiller email@example.com or 214.783.9819 with any questions.
Go Creek! Go Band!
- Cathy Asleson Dundon, on behalf of the CCHS BPA
- 2022 CCHS BPA Communications Secretary