Hello Band Families,
I hope everyone had a great Fall Break. What a fantastic performance by the band at State Qualifiers! Onward to State Championships! Please see CBAMarching.com and our website http://cchsbpa.org/2022-competition/ for very important information about the competition at the Air Force Academy. For example, there are added layers of security (e.g., driver’s licenses, proof of insurance & vehicle registration) to enter the Academy and other key details. Parent Pro Tip: The stadium is REALLY, REALLY COLD at night, even if it’s warm during the day—so don’t forget your stadium blankets, hats, etc.
Here’s what is inside this week’s update
- State Semifinals & Finals Director Information
- Competition Food
- Competition Baking
- Parent Volunteer Opportunities
- Student-Specific Fundraisers: ButterBraid, etc. PickUp Day on Thursday
- All Bands Spirit Shop Online Store is Open
- Hollywood Trip Parent Information Meeting- Monday 10/07, 6 pm.
- Freddy’s Family Dinner Fundraiser-Wednesday 11/09 from 4-8 pm.
State Semifinals & Finals at Air Force Academy
Saturday, October 29th, 2022
- 7:15 am Call time—Be in Band Room to change into uniform
- 7:45 am Inspection
- 8:00 am Depart for Falcon Field, USAFA
- 9:15 am Arrive and unload
- 9:35 am Percussion Warm-up
- 9:55 am Band Body Warm-up
- 10:30 am Music Warm-up
- 11:15 am Semifinals Performance Time
- 11:45 am Semifinals Awards Ceremony
- 12:30 pm Eat Lunch (Provided)
- 3:35 pm First Finals warm-up time begins
- 5:15 pm Finals performances begin
- 7:30 pm Eat Dinner (Provided)
- 8:30 pm Go into stands to watch 4A Finals Performances
- 9:30 pm Full Band Retreat and Awards Ceremony
- 10:30 pm Depart for CCHS
Bring food and/or money for concessions if you want additional snacks.
***Be sure to bring plenty of warm clothes—it will be cold. ****
Parents should pick students up at CCHS Fine Arts at approximately 11:45 pm.
NOTE TO PARENTS:
See the website (cbamarching.com) for VERY IMPORTANT details concerning parking, admission prices, etc. The performance schedules for Finals will be updated on the CBA website upon completing the Semifinals.
Parking: VERY IMPORTANT!!! Spectator and Bus Entrance into the Air Force Academy: all buses (charter, school district), private cars, min-vans carrying spectators, etc. will enter the Academy ground via the North Entrance (Exit 156 off of I 25). Drivers must produce a valid driver’s license, proof of insurance, and vehicle registration. THE NORTH GATE WILL OPEN AT 6:00 am. ANY VEHICLES ARRIVING BEFORE THAT TIME WILL WAIT UNTIL THE GATE OPENS.
Competition Food—State Finals—All Sections Contribute
Wow! I cannot thank you enough for all the great help. Feeding these kiddos is truly a lot of fun!
For State Championships, we will feed them twice! Lunch is grilled cheese, soup, and salad.
Dinner is burgers and hot dogs with hashbrowns. Hopefully, with warm full bellies, they will march to the top!!!
Feel free to sign up for anything in this last Sign Up Genius from me!
I’ll be at Creek from 7-9 am for collection.
As always, feel free to reach out with any questions or concerns.
Competition Baking —State Finals
Please sign up to provide a dessert, either baked or bought for our fabulous band! I might adjust the totals as I am unsure if we are providing desserts for both lunch and dinner or just one meal:) Either way, have your student drop off items in the band room on Saturday, or I will be in the FA parking lot collecting items from 7-8am! Thank you all
Please see our website volunteer page (right side) for the SignUpGenius. It will be added ASAP when live.
Upcoming Parent Volunteer Opportunities
10/29/2022 State Championship
- Competition Food (email Jen Gallo)—ALL SECTIONS!
- Baking (email Megan Eggleston)
- Pit & Props State finals have a HUGE hill to climb to get the Pit Instruments to their warm-up area, plus a long ramp out of the stadium, so we need all hands on deck for this one. Currently, we have 3 of 24 volunteer slots filled.
- Plumes are still looking for one volunteer for the semifinals & finals.
Butter Braids Pick Up Week—Student-Specific Fundraiser
October 27th: After practice, Butter Braids, Yumbana GF Cookie Dough & Coda Coffee, and Premium Coffee will be ready for pick up by students in the Fine Arts Parking Lot.
Feel free to contact Emily Rissmiller email@example.com or 214.783.9819 with any questions.
All Bands Spirit Wear—Store Closes Mondy 11/07
Cherry Creek Bands Spirit Wear is now available at the Online Shop.
Check out the gear and order by Monday 11/07.
Hollywood Trip Parent Meeting—Monday 11/07 @ 6pm
Parents meeting will be held at 6 pm in the FA Band room. Students will be rehearsing that day from 4 pm until 5:30.
Freddy’s Family Dinner Funraiser—Wednesday 11/09 4 pm- 8 pm
Freddy’s 8260 S Quebec St. from 4-8pm
Pick up your family’s dinner from Freddy’s and help support the CCHS Bands! The Band gets 15% of sales!
Go Creek! Go Band!
- Cathy Asleson Dundon, on behalf of the CCHS BPA
- 2022 CCHS BPA Communications Secretary
Website and Social Media Links of Interest