Hello Cherry Creek HS Band Families,
Here’s what is inside this edition of the BPA Update
- 2022 Mini-Camp Information from Ms. Vaughn
- How to order Dinkles (Marching Band Shoes) for the Upcoming 2022 Season
2022 Mini-Camp Information
Good Evening Cherry Creek Band Families,
The Cherry Creek High School Marching Band season kicks off next week with our Mini Marching Band Camp: Thursday, May 19th and Friday, May 20th from 4:15-6:45 PM. Please see the attached flyer for details. The camp is open to all current 8th-11th graders – if your student has any interest in marching band, they should come to this camp to try it out! All students should bring their instrument, a water bottle, and wear comfortable clothes and tennis shoes.
The $100.00 2022 Marching Band deposit is due for all students by the end of the Mini Camp. Families can pay the deposit by check (made payable to Cherry Creek HS BPA) or online using CheddarUp at https://my.cheddarup.com/c/2022-cherry-creek-high-school-marching-band-season-deposits.
Please also complete the
2022 Registration & Commitment Contract Google Form
Please contact Mr. Libby or Mrs. Vaughn with any questions about the Mini Marching Band Camp!
Assistant Band Director
Cherry Creek High School
MARCHING BAND 2022-2023 UNIFORM INFORMATION
Registered Marching Band Students will receive Uniform Information including sizing, scheduling in late June. However, due to continued Supply chain challenges, we are providing the information about Dinkles now. Your prompt attention to these details is essential for your CCCHS Marching Band Uniform Requirements.
DINKLES (MARCHING BAND SHOES)
The Marching Band’s first full-uniform event is Saturday, August 20th. All Students are required to wear Dinkles at all Full-Uniform events. Due to continued supply chain challenges nationwide, Student Dinkles should be secured as soon as possible. As most bands hold their band camps in July and August, the suppliers will undoubtedly face shortages, depleted stock and back-orders by August 1st.
For the 2022-2023 Marching Band Season, Students have two options.
- Order your Dinkles on-line before May 31st
- See below for additional Information
- Buy a pair of Dinkles from the Marching Band Inventory for $5.00.
- Most of the in-stock shoes are about three years old, but all have suitable soles to last a full season.
- As the inventory is limited, we encourage parents to email Emily Rissmiller, CCHS Marching Band BPA Chairperson, by MAY 31, 2022.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org . Email with your student size, clarifying men’s or women’s sizing, Student’s Last name, first name and grade in the fall.
- Email Subject line: DINKLES- WOMEN’S SZ 8, STUDENT LAST NAME, STUDENT FIRST NAME
- Stock shoes will be assigned to students on a first-come, first-serve basis. We will respond to all Dinkle email requests by, in the order they are received by June 1st, confirming you’re your Requested Student size Dinkles are in-stock and reserved in their name. The $5.00 will be added to the student account, payable in August.
- IF there are no remaining shoes available in the size requested, you will be notified by June 1st, and therefore, will need to order the Dinkles on-line.
- Currently, there are about 100 pairs of in-stock Dinkles, with Women’s sizes ranging from 5 ½ to 10 and Men’s sizes 8 to 16. The popular sizes will be reserved quickly.
All CCHS Marching Band Instrumentalists wear the DINKLES GLIDE MARCHING BAND SHOE for all Uniformed Performances. See CCHS BPA Google Calendar for Performance dates. Dinkles are usually $30-$40 with shipping.
Instrumentalists are required to wear all black crew socks when wearing Dinkles. During Band Season, Dinkles are kept with all uniform components, in assigned garment bags in the Uniform Closet grouped by section.
It is advised to buy your student a 6-pack of black socks prior to Uniform Fittings, August 1, 2022.
Go Creek! Go Band!
Cathy Asleson Dundon, on behalf of the CCHS BPA
2022 CCHS BPA Communications Secretary
Website and Social Media Links of Interest
- CCHS BPA Website
- CCHS BPA Google Calendar
- Copies of Emails Sent to Parents
- Currently Active SignUpGenius Forms
- CCHS BPA on Facebook
- CCHS BPA on Twitter