Hello Band Families,
It is an exciting week! The first competition is finally here. Please look for an URGENT email from Mr. Libby via Schoology since he needs to collect 2 forms: (1) Parent Permission to Participate & (2) Medical Authorization
Here’s what inside this edition of the CCHS BPA update:
- Monarch Festival Schedule
- Legacy Festival Schedule
- Food Committee Update for the Monarch Festival
- Pit & Props Committee Information for the Monarch Festival
- Auction Update
Saturday, September 18, 2021
- 10am-12:30pm Practice at Stutler Bowl
- 1:00-2:00pm Eat lunch at Fine Arts (provided by BPA)
Depart for Centaurus High School (10300 W South Boulder Rd, Lafayette, CO 80026)
Arrive and unload
Watch remaining bands perform
Return to CCHS
NOTES TO STUDENTS:
- Bring food and/or money for concessions if you want snacks after the performance.
- Parents should pick students up at CCHS Fine Arts at approximately 8:00pm.
- BE SURE TO EAT BREAKFAST BEFORE YOU COME TO CCHS IN THE MORNING. WE WON’T PROVIDE ANY FOOD UNTIL LUNCH. Bring snacks/money for concessions if you think you’ll need more food than we provide.
- EVERYONE NEEDS TO WEAR THIS YEARS BAND SHIRT UNDER HIS OR HER UNIFORM
NOTES TO PARENTS:
- SPECTATOR PARKING…Parking is limited to ONLY handicapped parking in the area of the stadium and parents and staff should plan on arriving with enough time before performances to walk from the parking available within 1⁄2 mile of the stadium at marked businesses and at Angevine Middle School or the Community Medical Center just .8 miles east of the stadium on South Boulder Road.
- The cost for the festival is $12.00 for adults and $8.00 for students (6-18) and senior citizens. Cash and credit cards will be the only methods of payment. Children under 6 will be admitted free and gates will open at noon.
- Maps & Schedules for this event are on the BPA website under Competition Details
2. Legacy Invitational Marching Band Festival
Adams 12 North Stadium
12500 Delaware Drive, Westminster, CO (not Legacy HS)
Saturday, September 25th 2021
from Mr. Libby as of 9/14/2021
8:15am Call Time/Change into Uniform
9:15am Depart for Adams 12 North Stadium (12500 Delaware Drive, Westminster, CO)
10:25am Body Warm-up Time
10:50am Pit Warm-up Time
11:00am Music Warm-up Time
12:00pm Prelims Performance Time
12:15pm Change out of uniform and eat lunch (Bring your own)
1:00pm-4:15pm Watch other bands perform
4:15pm Retreat/awards (Drum Majors Only)
4:30pm Return to Busses to eat dinner (provided) or change back into uniform. Depending on our finals performance time we may eat after that performance. If we place in the top 12 we will perform at Finals. If not, we’ll return to CCHS after dinner.
5:30pm Finals begin!! Our performance time depends on our Prelims placement.9:15pm Retreat/Awards (Drum Majors Only)
9:30pm Return to CCHS
3. Food Committee
We are already excited about the Legacy competition on September 25th! The meal will be “hosted” by the amazing Trumpet section, and will be burgers and dogs. Keep an eye out for the Sign up genius that was sent out, and feel free to stop by and pop some gloves on to feed the hungry and talented kiddos!
Feel free to reach out with any questions or concerns,
The Food Committee: J. Gallo x2 (firstname.lastname@example.org), J. Burger, K. Springer &D. Hess
4. Pit and Prop Crew
We are looking for 1 more volunteer for Monarch Festival and 7 more volunteers for Legacy Festival Prelims & Finals. You can sign using the SignUpGenius.
The maps for Monarch Festival is attached and also available on the website and on Google Calendar. The pit crew will meet in the Truck Parking area. Please text or email Lisa Kelly with any questions
5. 2021 Auction
Hey everyone, the CCHSBPA auction time is getting closer. The auction will be held online again this year. Auction items will include local business gift certificates, memorabilia, and experiences.
Auction is scheduled to start on Friday, September 24, 2021 @ 12 pm MDT
To participate in all the fun, please register as a bidder on the Bidding Owl site (www.biddingowl.com)
You will be able preview auction items starting Wednesday, September 22, 2021 @ 12 pm MDT at https://www.biddingowl.com/
Meantime here are a couple of spotlighted items that will be up for bid:
- Auction Experience Spotlight: Hamilton on Broadway in NYC
This Experience Includes:
• 2 rear mezzanine tickets to “Hamilton”
• 3-night stay in a standard guest room at the Hilton, Hyatt, or comparable hotel
• Round-trip coach class airfare for 2 from within the 48 contiguous U.S. to New York
• Access to travel booking & concierge service
It’s hard to imagine a more unlikely concept for a Broadway smash: A hip-hop musical that tells the story of America’s founding fathers with a cast almost entirely of people of color. But somehow, it worked. Not since “Phantom of the Opera” has a musical had such an impact on the mainstream culture. Tickets for this groundbreaking Tony Award-winning show have consistently sold out since it opened on Broadway. It’s one of the hottest tickets in town….and it can be yours!
- Auction Memorabilia Spotlight: Star Wars Original Trilogy Framed Photo with Laser Signatures Fisher, Hamill, and Ford
This framed item captures the leading characters from the Star Wars original trilogy: Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker), Carrie Fisher (Princess Leia), and Harrison Ford (Han Solo). Check out the item: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/
If you have any questions please email them to email@example.com
Go Creek! Go Band!
Cathy Asleson Dundon
2021 CCHS BPA Communcations Secretary
Website and Social Media Links of Interest