Hello Band Families,
Here’s what inside this edition of the update:
- CCHS BPA Silent Auction
- Legacy Marching Festival Information & Support
- Butter Braids Fundraiser
1. 2021 CCHS BPA Silent Auction
The 13th Annual Silent Auction presented by the Cherry Creek High School Band Parent Association (CCHSBPA) is coming up soon. Bidding starts on Friday, September 24th at 12 pm MDT. Meanwhile, you can preview the auction by visiting the auction website: https://www.biddingowl.com/
2. Legacy Marching Festival Information & Support
- 8:15am Call Time/Change into Uniform
- 9:00am Inspection
- 9:15am Depart for Adams 12 North Stadium (12500 Delaware Drive, Westminster, CO)
- 10:25am Body Warm-up Time
- 10:50am Pit Warm-up Time
- 11:00am Music Warm-up Time
- 12:00pm Prelims Performance Time
- 12:15pm Change out of uniform and eat lunch (Bring your own)
- 1:00pm-4:15pm Watch other bands perform
- 4:15pm Retreat/awards (Drum Majors Only)
- 4:30pm Return to Busses to eat dinner (provided) or change back into uniform. Depending on our finals performance time we may eat after that performance. If we place in the top 12 we will perform at Finals. If not, we’ll returnto CCHS after dinner.
- 5:30pm Finals begin!! Our performance time depends on our Prelims placement.9:15pm Retreat/Awards (Drum MajorsOnly)
- 9:30pmReturn to CCHS
Three Important Changes from Last Festival
- Venue Change. This year the Festival will be held at the Adams 12 North Stadium, not Adams 12 Five Star Stadium. Spectator parking areas have changed considerably; see the Arial Map in the Spectator Info tab.
- The Adams 12 Health and Safety Policy requires masks be worn by all visitors inside any District building. For the Adams 12 North Stadium, this means you are required to wear a mask when you are inside the restroom, inside the concessions stand or inside the press box. You are not required to wear a mask when you are outside, including the stands, common areas, field area. Please bring a mask and wear it when required.
- A new ticket policy is detailed on the Tickets tab. Due to reduced seating at this year’s venue and to reduce crowding, we will be offering three separate tickets: AM-Prelims, PM-Prelims and Finals. There will be no Combo tickets available.
Food Committee for Legacy—SignUpGenius
Hello awesome Trumpet section! Please review the available slots below and click on the button to sign up. Thank you! Feel free to contact me with questions! Jen Gallo
Pit & Props Crew for Legacy is still looking for volunteers!–SignUpGenius
At marching band competitions & home football games, the bands have a just a couple of minutes to get the props and all of the pit instruments on to the field. The band depends on family & friends to help make that transition as quickly as possibly to avoid penalties. Please consider signing up to help at Prelims, Finals or both at this Pit & Prop SignUpGenius. If not Monarch, please consider other dates as well. Question? Lisa Kelly. Volunteers will meet Lisa and the team near the CCHS Pit Truck at 10am in the Equipment Truck parking area. The equipment trucks parking area is in the center of the map.
3 . Butter Braids are on the way!
Selling Butter Braids, Cookie Dough and Coda Coffee raises funds that go directly into your student’s account to help fund marching band expenses. This year we will be selling Butter Braids, Yumbana Gluten-Free cookie dough flavors and the award-winning Coda Coffee. Each Butter Braid product sells for $13.00-$14.00, Gluten-Free Cookie Dough sells for $13.00, and Coda coffee $16. For every product sold, 40% of the sale goes to that student’s account. This fundraiser is a great way for students to build up the balance in their accounts if they choose to participate!
- October 6th: Fundraiser kick off with free samples for students and the online order store goes live. Students have 19 days to gather orders and collect payment
- October 24th: Orders with payment are due
- October 28th: After practice, Butter Braids, Yumbana GF Cookie Dough & Coda Coffee will be ready for pick up by students
Feel free to contact Robin Gear at email@example.com or 720-212-4471 with any questions.
Go Creek! Go Band!
Cathy Asleson Dundon
2021 CCHS BPA Communcations Secretary
Website and Social Media Links of Interest