Here is all of the information you need to know about camp beginning on Tuesday. Rehearsals for camp will be taking place at the FOOTBALL PRACTICE FIELD BEHIND THE ROPES COURSE—NOT STUTLER.
We can’t require you to come to the school for this rehearsal if your parents have a concern for your health and safety and want you to stay home during this stage of the school district’s reopening plan. If that is the case, you won’t be penalized whatsoever.
If you are sick, stay home! It’s obviously important for you to come to rehearsal if possible, but your wellbeing and the wellbeing of others is the most important thing! When you arrive for practice, we will ask you a series of questions about Covid-19 symptoms that you must answer. We will also be checking your temperature with a touchless forehead thermometer. You must have a mask, or we will send you home.
Please arrive at 1:30pm and stay 6 feet apart as we check you in so that we can begin practice promptly at 2pm.
Make sure to bring your own sunscreen and water. You can definitely wear a hat if you want. If it looks like we’re going to get heavy rain or thunderstorms, rehearsals could be cancelled. However, be prepared if it looks like it may rain. If it’s just raining lightly, we’ll still rehearse.
If you did not attend the July camp, you must bring the Summer Waiver Form and the Emergency Contact Form. You can’t participate without turning in both when you check in. The forms are available on the website (cchsbpa.org).
Here is the procedure for the rehearsal:
- 1:30am Woodwinds, Brass and Guard arrive at Football Practice Field. I suggest parking or have your parents drop you off at the top of the South Parking Lot closest to the practice field. Drumline, meet at the Fine Arts Building. Do not congregate with each other.
- Cohort #1 (All Woodwinds) Check in with Mrs. Wynes
- Cohort #2 (All Brass and Colorguard) Check in with Mr. Westwood and Anthony
- Cohort #3 (Drumline) Check in with Mike at the Fine Arts building
- Check in with the staff members individually to have your temperature taken and answer some questions. If there is a line, stay 6 feet back from the person in front of you. (About a 4-step interval)
- You’ll then go to your assigned area of the field. Cohort #1 (Woodwinds) go to side 1 of the field (closest to Belleview Elementary). Cohort #2 (Brass and Guard) go to side 2 of the field (closest to the parking lot). We need to maintain the space in the middle of the field between the 40s as a buffer zone. Once you’re on your side of the field do not cross the 40 yardline.
- Section leaders will guide you to your spot and you can visit (distanced) until everyone else is in their spot, then we’ll begin rehearsal.
- When we finish, leave the school grounds as soon as possible. No congregating.
Bring your instruments/equipment. If you need an instrument please let you section leader know and I will try to have one for you at the field when you arrive.
EXTREMELY IMPORTANT! These are the restrictions that apply directly to us and our activity.
- You must wear a mask and stay 6 feet apart at all times.
- Bring your own filled water bottle labeled with your name. Bring a big enough bottle to last for the full rehearsal. You won’t be able to refill it at the school.
- Restrooms will be closed. Go before you come to rehearsal. The nearest restrooms that MIGHT be open are not close by.
- Students will be required to depart the district facilities immediately after their scheduled workouts/meetings. You can’t hang out and talk to each other before or after rehearsal.
- No family members or guests will be permitted to enter the location of the summer workouts/practices/meetings or gather for social interactions. While waiting for their children, parents/guardians should remain in their vehicles in the west and south parking lots.
- We can’t share ANYTHING!! So, have what you need for the whole rehearsal..
- We have to take any item you bring to rehearsal out of the area. Bottles, jackets, trash, etc.
- You will also have to clean your hands with sanitizer (provided) on the way out of the exit while maintaining social distancing.
- You are encouraged to bathe and wash your clothes when you get home.
The following is directly from the district reopening plan. Pretty straightforward and common sense
We all must continue to practice good hygiene and safety precautions.
- Wash hands with soap and water or use hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Sneeze or cough into a tissue or inside your elbow.
- Disinfect frequently used items and surfaces as much as possible.
- Wear a mask indoors – Highly recommended outdoors-
- Must Practice social distancing.
- Do not share or use other individuals’ equipment
- Be honest on questionnaires.
People who feel sick or uncomfortable should stay home.
- Stay home if you feel sick.
- Follow the advice of your medical provider.
- Athletes or Coaches/sponsors with symptoms will not be allowed to participate and must be cleared by a medical provider.
- If at any given time an athlete/Coach has tested positive for the Covid-19 all workouts and camps will cease for a period of at least five days.
*At any given time, camps/workouts could be modified, suspended or canceled*
It’s very important that we follow the district guidelines! Not doing so could negatively affect your health and the health of others and we could lose our privilege to rehearse together at the school if we don’t adhere to the restrictions and process laid in this stage of reopening. Please let me know if you have ANY questions!!
Checklist for Camp – Please make sure you have all of these items for rehearsal!
___Waiver form (If you were in attendance on July 14th you don’t need to bring this again)
___Emergency contact form (If you were in attendance on July 14th you don’t need to bring this again)
___Water bottle, large and filled – Perhaps the most important item to have.
___Music (Show and Parade Tune) printed out and put in notebook with page protectors
___Used the restroom at home (Remember: They’re all closed at the school)
___A great attitude
___Your full attention