Hello Band Families.
Your Summary of the Weekly Update for September 1st.
- Food Committee
- Friday Night Football Game
- 8th Grade Night
- Spirit Bracelets
- Auction Donations
- Important Links
1. Hello from the Food Committee!
We are a little section of the big family that keeps the Marching Band season running smoothly (hopefully). Basically, we strive to feed all the kids, directors, and staff a hot meal between showtimes on competition days. We also provide water and snacks (thank you so much for all the generous donations) on the way to and from those competitions. This is a long and informative note, but please read it and respond with questions as we rely on all the families to help during these two crazy months!
We have five competitions this year, and the BPA will provide all plates, silverware, and the protein component of each meal. With our amazing grill masters we will cook and serve all of the meals on-site at each location. We divided up the 5 competions based on the section numbers. The chosen sections will sign up for specific needs via a sign up genius that will be sent about a week before the competition. We hope that when it is your section’s turn, that you help serve and smile at the kids as well as hang out with some other great parents!
We will be serving our true and tried meals, but are open to other ideas as well. We have been made aware of dietary needs from parents and kiddos so far, and thanks for that! We will strive to always have vegetarian, gluten free, nut free, and pork free options. We do not take allergies lightly, so please keep in touch if you have concerns. You are always welcome to send your kid with their own meal for peace of mind.
You will receive a sign up genius request about 10 days before competition. Keep in mind that the baking committee is a different component and we run in tandem. We ask that your food items be brought to call time (usually 8am) on the competition days as this is when we load up the trucks. Please bring items to the east end of the Fine Arts building or arrange for them to be there then. We asses what we have and then will purchase what is needed after. Again, if there are questions feel free to reach out to any of us!
The section assignments are as follows:
- Sept 18th Monarch – Tuba & Baritones –>Mexican meal!
- Sept 25th Legacy – Trumpets –> Hamburger & Hot dogs
- Oct 16th Big Cat – Bari & Alto saxophones and Mellophones –> meal TBD
- Oct 18th Regional -Flutes & Tenor saxophone –>meal TBD
- Oct 29- 30th STATE!! lunch- Clarinets and dinner TBD
We are asking that the color guard and pit not to contribute to a specific meal, as they have additional responsibilities on every competition day. In place of that we ask that those two groups help us with bottled water, either providing a pack of 40 or $10 .
Thank you so much for reading this thru and reach out with any concerns or questions!
The Food Committee:
- Jen & Jim Gallo(email@example.com- yes AOL)
- Jamie Berger
- Dawn Hess
- Kathryn Springer
2. 9/3/2021 Friday Night Football Game
FYI: you can find a large number of band parents sitting behind and to the south side of the band. Come join us to cheer on the band and the football team.
3. 8th Grade Band Night needs to be rescheduled and the new date is TBD. Thanks to those who so quickly volunteered to help at short notice. We will turn back on the SignUpGenius for this event was the date is finalized since we will still need a few more parents & family to help.
4. Pure Vida Spirit Bracelets are still for sale.
Show Creek pride on your wrist this year with custom made Pura Vida bracelets in Creek colors. The bracelets are adjustable and have a wax coated string that holds up in water. Price=$12 per bracelet. 60% of proceeds benefit CCHS Marching Band. Payment Link –https://my.cheddarup.com/c/bracelets-36428
5. CCHS BPA Silent Auction Donation Requests
The Band Auction is our biggest fundraiser of the year and the band needs your help to make it a success! Our goal is to raise $25,000 to help cover all the expenses of the Bands throughout the year.
- “How can I help?”
- Glad you asked!
- Go to http://cchsbpa.org/2021-cchsbpa-auction-request-for-donations-how-you-can-help/ for full details.
6. Website and Social Media Links of Interest
- CCHS BPA Website and Upcoming Events List on Right Hand Side
- CCHS BPA Google Calendar
- Copies of Emails Sent to Parents
- Current Active SignUpGenius Forms
- CCHS BPA on Facebook
- CCHS BPA on Twitter
Go Creek! Go Band!
Cathy Asleson Dundon –CCHS BPA Communications Secretary